Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Danelectro Longhorn (re-issue) - £160

lozbass

The Danelectro is now SOLD - thanks to all for the PMs and kind comments

More surplus (but sad to see this go - I love these - a proper '70s pop-star's bass)

This is from a '90s re-issue series (not the current crop) and is around 10-12 years old I think. It's in very good condition with no dents, dings or deep scratches. It has a few superficial marks but nothing through the paint (indeed, the marks hardly count as scratches - just 'rubs' really). The bass has been well looked after and is nicely set-up with ultra-light strings (I use a selection from the D'Addario baritone set but tune the bass as normal - E-G). The tone is pretty much characteristic for a Danelectro - you either like it or you don't (it's fairly deep with fairly twangy top end). Playability is excellent - really low action and string tension: super fast, easy and fun to use. The bass is also ridiculously light - around 4lbs I think. Hardware isn't the highest quality but it's all stock.

Collection in central Manchester is great or I can ship for around £10 to the UK. I don't have a case but will pack well (indeed, I might be able to find a very old and basic bag for shipping - this will be placed inside a cardboard carton). Please get in touch with any questions.

Edited by lozbass