Why become a member? ×

Eden WT800A, working but has a fault so going cheap

Raslee

I've got an Eden WT800A which simply is not getting used since the arrival of my Ampeg. A little bit of history: I bought this amp second hand around 4 years ago ish; some time after i had a problem where both speakers cut out momentarily and then came back on again within a minute or so. The amp came back on and never faultered for some time-at this time i was using 2x4ohm cabs on both channels. Then i used the Eden pretty much every week on the bridged 8ohm output using a 6ohm Warwick cab (this was ok'd by Eden to run a 6ohm cab but no lower)-it ran great and very loud without a hitch. Then i did the Markbass thing 18 months ago for a while and sold the Eden onto another basschatter-the fault reappeared so i refunded him and got the amp back. The amp has cut out on me recently but with a light hit on the top it came back on immediately-maybe something loose-eq overload light came on?

Anyhow i did plan to get it serviced and fixed but have never got around to it. Currently it plays fine, i've cranked it up and rehearsed a couple of times with it too 3-4 months ago-no problems. So the issue is intermittent. I haven't really got the money or time to get it serviced at the moment so i am putting it up for sale with the buyer knowing it has these issues. Could run ok without a hitch again or maybe a cheap fix - cheap Eden WT800A!!!

I paid alot of money for it 4 years ago but i am asking for £150 + p&p - need the money to get a mountain bike to get fit.

[quote name='Rasta' post='934000' date='Aug 23 2010, 06:33 PM']I've got an Eden WT800A which simply is not getting used since the arrival of my Ampeg. A little bit of history: I bought this amp second hand around 4 years ago ish; some time after i had a problem where both speakers cut out momentarily and then came back on again within a minute or so. The amp came back on and never faultered for some time-at this time i was using 2x4ohm cabs on both channels. Then i used the Eden pretty much every week on the bridged 8ohm output using a 6ohm Warwick cab (this was ok'd by Eden to run a 6ohm cab but no lower)-it ran great and very loud without a hitch. Then i did the Markbass thing 18 months ago for a while and sold the Eden onto another basschatter-the fault reappeared so i refunded him and got the amp back. The amp has cut out on me recently but with a light hit on the top it came back on immediately-maybe something loose-eq overload light came on?

Anyhow i did plan to get it serviced and fixed but have never got around to it. Currently it plays fine, i've cranked it up and rehearsed a couple of times with it too 3-4 months ago-no problems. So the issue is intermittent. I haven't really got the money or time to get it serviced at the moment so i am putting it up for sale with the buyer knowing it has these issues. Could run ok without a hitch again or maybe a cheap fix - cheap Eden WT800A!!!

I paid alot of money for it 4 years ago but i am asking for £150 + p&p - need the money to get a mountain bike to get fit.[/quote]

PM'd